Electrolysis is the only medically approved form of permanent hair removal. FACT.
Electrolysis was developed by Dr Charles Michel of St Louis, Missouri in 1875 to treat in-growing eyelashes. For over 100 years it has remained a safe, reliable treatment and the only treatment to achieve permanent and complete eradication of unwanted hair when performed by a skilled, experienced electrologist.
Unwanted hair growth has many different causes:
- Hereditary: runs in the family.
- Puberty: hormonal changes leads to new hair growth.
- Pregnancy: increased hormonal activity increases hair growth.
- Medication: some medications can encourage hair growth e.g. steroids, contraceptives and testosterone.
- Stress: can stimulate the body’s adrenal glands, increasing hormone production which in turn can cause new unwanted hair growth.
- Menopause: facial hair often develops because of increased levels of hormones (androgens).
- Endocrine disorders: such as Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, Cushing’s Syndrome.
Which areas can be treated
- Face and neck.
- Eyebrows, ears and nose.
- Underarms and chest.
- Breasts, back and abdomen.
- Arms, legs and hands. Even toes!
Your consultation – what to expect
At your consultation, you will be asked some questions regarding your general health and previous hair removal methods. The treatment will be explained in detail and targeted to your individual needs.
Any questions you have will be answered.
Please ensure that you allow the hairs to grow out before your consultation. The hairs need to visible, and have a few days growth to enable me to assess the area.
The treated hairs will be removed and will not grow back for 4 to 6 weeks. ( This is the natural cycle of growth for a hair).
A tiny sterile probe – about the size of an eyelash is inserted into the hair follicle (this is the natural opening into the skin), the skin is not pierced.
A very short burst of heat is targeted at the root of the hair. This heat cauterises (sealing off ) the blood supply to the hair, preventing nutrients from reaching the hair, until after a course of treatments, the treated follicle is no longer able to produce new hairs.
A fully treated hair can never re-grow.
For successful and effective results, each hair follicle requires a number of treatments because each hair follicle has its own growth cycle. This is very individual to each person, as everyone has very different hair growth and whatever methods of hair removal used previously varies greatly from person to person.
Electrolysis removes all types of hair
- From very coarse to very fine.
- It works on any hair colour and any skin colour.
- Electrolysis will never stimulate more growth.
- It is the only permanent method to relieve you of unwanted hair growth.
If unwanted hair growth is causing you difficulty and stress, why not do what will work?
You will never regret it.